The Logistics Coordinator is primarily responsible for arranging transport with ARL approved carriers and communicating proactive updates to ARL customers. At the same time, the Logistics Coordinator will provide support for ARL Account Managers to help them retain their business, grow ARL accounts and gain referrals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining carriers to achieve set revenue goals
- Act as point of contact for customers and carriers regarding all matters in respect to business with ARL and its vendors
- Identify services and pricing that meet customer’s need in order to obtain business objectives
- Work with Independent Sales Agents to coordinate and schedule ARL Network’s service offerings
- Work with off-site employees to service ARL accounts
- Actively recruit new carriers and develop relationship to sell all aspects of ARL
- Increase revenue of key customers by supporting, developing and implementing key account strategies
- Dispatch shipments to motor carriers by following customer service requirements and carrier utilization plans to achieve performance and profit objectives
- Work with the Billing Department to handle all carrier/customer issues in a timely manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and success driven attitude
- Maintain and manage accurate records and submit them in a timely manner
- Manage all aspects of your business to ensure profitability for the company
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned
- PC proficient (Microsoft Office preferred), communication and organizational skills
- Advanced data entry/computer skills, able to simultaneously handle multiple phone lines, strong work ethic, energetic, fast learner, strong negotiation and persuasion skills, self-directed and good problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, strong verbal communication skills face to face and over the phone
- On call, receiving calls from clients and carriers 24/7 including holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience in related field preferred
- Transportation and Sales experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.